Freshman year is a new chapter in one's life. This includes moving out of your parents' house and moving to the dorm. Since the dorm will now be your new home, there are items that you must bring there with you.
1. Clothes are very important. You should pack them before moving to a dorm. You wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on new clothes.
2. Personal Computers or laptops should also be packed when moving to a dorm. This gadget is extremely important in one's college life since researching and writing papers, etc. are day-to-day activities in college.
3. A small refrigerator is also essential. You can store your drinks and food there.
4. Headphones are needed so you can watch television and listen to music without disturbing anyone.
5. Toiletries should also be brought to the dorm. This is needed for your hygiene.
6. Microwave oven is also advised to be brought when moving to a dorm. Since you don't have time to cook all the time, a microwave oven is really helpful.
7. A telephone with a telephone jack should also be brought since some dorms do not provide you one.
8. Blankets, bed sheets, and pillows should also be brought since some dorms do not provide these. You need to have your own.
9. Towels and bathrobes for the same reason above.
10. Family photographs in case you get sentimental on certain nights.
These are the essential items that a freshman must pack when moving to a college dorm. This will help you survive the first year of college.
Ten Essential Items a College Freshman Should Pack When Moving to a Dorm
You may also like:
Kids are very sensitive and cannot take up issues such as divorce between parents that tears the family apart. Kids feel frustrated, angry and sad. Parents...13Dec 2009read more